Friday 20 May 2011

New Minister for Fire Related matters. Roseanna Cunningham.

Firstly I would like to thank Fergus Ewing for his time and efforts whilst Minister responsible for Fire.

Secondly, I would like to welcome Roseanna Cunningham to the post. I hope Roseanna will find time to look at the Enforcing Authorities attitude and blind observance to The Practical Guidance notes and using the Technical Annexes as minimum standards rather than for Guidance and comparison.
I also hope she can send copies of Dictionaries to all Local Authority Fire safety Officers, so they can understand the following terms:

Reasonable and practical
Where the benifits outweigh the costs
See Edwards V's NCB (1949) 1 All ER 743

If clarification is required, Roseanna, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment